Major diseases and pests are peach leaf curl, shot hole disease, powdery mildew, brown rot, viral diseases, aphids, scale insects, Oriental fruit moth, peach-twig borer , European cherry webspinning sawfly, leaf-rollers, leaf-feeding caterpillars, mites, etc. geometer moth. Combating the pests is conducted through taking agricultural and chemical measures from the winter rest of the trees to the defoliation in the fall.
FROM DEFOLIATION TO POST-FLOWERING
Against shot hole disease, brown rot, powdery mildew, scab disease and others, the trees are cleaned of mummified fruit, dry and diseased branches and twigs, cobweb nests of caterpillars and others. The parts cut are burned.
Withered trees are uprooted, and dried and broken branches in healthy trees are cut and burned.
Against leaf curl, shot hole disease and others spray immediately after defoliation with Bordeaux mixture – 2%, Delan 750 SK – 0.1%, Tiram 80 VP – 0.3%, Ditan M 45 – 0.3%, Skor 100 EK – 0.02%, Funguran ON 50 VP – 0.3%, Champion VP – 0.3%, Kosaid 101 VP – 0.3%.
Against the larvae of the European cherry webspinning sawfly and against various diseases the soil is treated for the burying of dead leaves and fruits.
Against scale insects, aphids, mites, geometer moths and other pests Akarzin – 3% or RZ oil – 3% is used.
FROM PETAL FALL TO SHEDDING OF THE UNFERTILIZED FRUIT – THE SECOND HALF OF MAY
Immediately after petal fall
Against powdery mildew spray with Falkon 460 EK – 30 ml/daa, Topsin M 70 VP – 0.1%, Sistan 12 E – 0.03%, Skor 250 EK – 0.02%, Baifidan 250 EK – 0.015%.
Against shot hole disease – with Ditan M 45 – 0.3%, Tiram 80 VP – 0.3%.
Against brown rot – Sistan 12 E – 0.04%. Against these diseases another one or two sprayings should follow in a 10-12 day interval.
Against aphids, scale insects, European cherry webspinning sawfly , peach-twig borer , leaf-rollers, geometer moths, leaf-eating caterpillars and other pests spray with Nurele D – 0.05%, Reldan 50 EK – 0,15% Bi-58 – 0.07%, only against aphids – with Mospilan 20 SP – 0.0125%, Gazel – 0. 0125%. Spray with one of the listed products once or twice, depending on the density of the pests. If needed, a second spraying is done 10-12 days after the first one. Combating diseases and pests is done simultaneously.
FROM THE FALLING OF THE UNFERTILIZED FRUITS TILL THE HARVEST OF THE EARLY VARIETY PEACHES – SECOUND HALF OF JULY
Against the eastern moth, three sprayings are held if necessary:
1/. first – third ten days in May;
2/. second – in the first 10 days of June;
3/. third – in the second half of June;
Use Reldan 50 ЕК – 0,1%, Mospilan 20 SP – 0,0125%, Gazel – 0,0125%, Decis 2,5 ЕК – 0,04%. This products are used with advantage in the first and second spraying, because they are also toxic against leaf and shild bearing aphids, leaf chewing caterpillars, winter moths, cherry webspinning sawfly larvae and other. In the third spraying with one of them Supersect 10 EK 0,0125% or Decis 2,5 EK 0,04% can be used. The second and third spraying are directed against the anarziya larvae .
Against late blight and rust on frequent and heavy rainfall, and in dry weather against powdery mildew, two spraying are held – first-to mid-June, and the second – 10 to 12 days later. Spray with one of the said for those diseases fungicides and combine the spraying with the one against pests.
FROM THE HARVESTING OF THE EARLY VARIETY PEACHES TILL SEPTEMBER
If necessary, held 2-3 sprayings against the second generation of the eastern moth – first-in first ten days of July, second-mid July and third-to 25 to 30 July. The final spraying is directed against the second generation of the anarziya larvae.
Against late blight under favorable conditions for its development held one spraying in mid-July. Use products with a shorter quarantine duration.
In August is conducted combat /if necessary/ against the third generation of the eastern moth and against the second and part of the third generation of the anarziya.
Against the causes of the diseases are usueally held sprayings with fungicides for protection or in the beginning of the contamination of the plants. Against pets products are used only when their density has reached a certain level, known as the threshold of economic harm. On the main pests of the peach thresholds are as follows:
1. East moth– 1,5-3% attacked branches or fruits.
2. Аnarziya – 3-5% attacked branches or fruits.
3. Californian shield bearing aphid – attack is not allowed.
4. Aphids – 10-15 eggs on 1 meter twig or 8-10% attacked branches.
5. Mites –winter eggs – 800-1000 eggs on 1 meter twig or 6-10 moving mites on 1 leaf.
6. Ordinary shield bearing aphids – 5 or more larvae on twig with length of 1 meter in the spring /March/.
7. Cherry webspinning sawfly – 3-4 or more adult sawflys on 1 tree or 5-8% attacked branches.
- Kasoron Г – 8-10 gr/ha – against annual and perennial grasses and broadleaf weeds. Is introduced in early Spring outside the vegetation period o the crop.
- Stomp 330 ЕК – 600 ml/ha– against annual and perennial grasses and some broadleaf weeds, is introduced in early Spring after the first tillage.
- Basta 15 SL – 600 ml/ha – against annual and perennial grasses and broadleaf weeds, imported into the active vegetation of the weeds.
- Roundup – 400-1200 ml/ha – against annual and perennial grasses and broadleaf weeds. Is introduced in the budding phase of deciduous weeds and the ear formation of the crops.
- Glifozat 360 S– 400-1200 ml/ha – against annual and perennial grasses and broadleaf weeds. Is introduced in the budding phase of deciduous weeds and the ear formation of the crops.